CBD bath bombs have been gaining traction over the last few years. But do you know how it all began? With so many stressors surrounding us, we often look for measures to relieve stress. Isn’t it? You might have already started with mindfulness strategies or meditation exercises to relax your mind and body.
But did you know that you can diminish feelings of depression and anxiety? Yes, some research studies and mental health doctors believe that submerging in warm liquid gives you a sense of being in the womb, which is quite comforting.
And since we are in the age of bathfluence, where the wellness trends have a bathtub as a backdrop, it is an opportunity to get ready to combine the benefits of a hot bath with the soothing effects of CBD.
It is no more surprising that CBD bath bombs are quite a hot commodity. And why not when these palm-sized fizzies have some fantastic skin benefits. In short, you will get the advantages of overall tranquility. So, if you are also looking for an easy and wonderful way to enjoy your lazy day, here’s how you combine it with the goodness of CBD.
CBD Bath Bombs- Here’s to Make Them!
If you are short of time, you can always look online to find a suitable CBD bath soap for yourself. But if you want to explore the concept by “doing it yourself,” we’ve rounded up all the ingredients and shared the perfect recipe for making a variety of bath bombs that aren’t only soothing but have some fantastic skin care benefits.
So, let’s get started!
Time taken to make it: More than three hours (Active: 15 mins)
What will you get: 1 CBD Bath Bomb
- Molds to make CBD bath bombs
- Baking soda- half cup
- Cornstarch- ¼ cup
- Citric acid- ¼ cup
- Water- 1.5 tsp
- Epsom salt- ¼ cup
- Essential oil- 1 tsp
- CBD-infused coconut oil– ¼ tsp (You can also opt for CBD infused tincture)
- Mica Coloring powder- 1-2 drops
Once you gather all the ingredients, how to make CBD bath bombs!
Recipe for creating a bath bomb
- Even mix all the dry constituents mentioned above. Don’t add color while whisking.
- Now do the same with wet constituents in a glass. Avoid adding color to this mix as well.
- While whisking the dry components add a wet mixture to it. Try to do it slowly and add color drops (if you are using food colors) in this step.
- Once you combine all the ingredients, it should feel like damp sand. Once you reach this consistency, mix the mica powder here.
- Now fill the mold with this mixture. Remember, you have to fill it in half only. Once you do that, sprinkle some mixture above the pack loosely.
- After that, press the molds together (each half) and hold them for some time. Remove one side of the mold now.
- And then allow it to dry for another 20 minutes by keeping it on the other side. After that, remove the other side of the mold in a twisting motion. Let it sit overnight.
Now you can enjoy a hot bath infused with CBD and keep the stress at bay.
Hey! It doesn’t end here. You can use a bit of creativity and change fragrances as you like. For that, you need to learn a bit about the essential oils that we mentioned earlier.
Essential oil combinations for an exceptional bathing experience
Did you know that essential oils can accentuate the medicinal benefits of a bath bomb? If you don’t know the right combinations, here are a few options that you can try!
- You need Lavender and Rosemary if you want a relaxing bath.
- You need a blend of Patchouli, Bergamot along with Ylang Ylang if you are looking forward to an energizing bath.
- You can mix Rosemary with Tea tree and Geranium if you want to achieve a clarifying blend.
Are you wondering why you should go through this hassle? Let’s find out now!
CBD Bath Bomb- Benefits
Everyone knows about the plethora of benefits of CBD, right? It’s helping in calming physical pain along with the pain associated with mental health. Topical CBD products provide similar benefits. The only difference is that our body absorbs the cannabinoid directly through the skin.
However, unlike other options available in the market, one can use a potent dose of CBD for your body without having to layer your body with other creams. Here’s how it is helpful for you:
- Relieving physical pain or discomfort.
- Alleviating skin irritation.
- Reducing tensed muscles or headaches.
- Helps in muscle recovery after workouts.
How to Use a CBD Bath Bomb?
You might think using a CBD bath bomb is like using any other option available in the market. Of course, you have to drop it in water and relax while it’s freezing away! But you must understand that CBD takes some time to act. You must give your skin at least 20 minutes for it to absorb. By doing so, you can experience the therapeutic benefits of CBD.
CBD helps us in many forms. One can opt for tinctures, topical creams, gummies, and many other products to access its therapeutic benefits. But if you compare all the alternatives available, hands down, CBD bath bombs are the most relaxing options.
They are also known as fizzy bubbles, which give you a spa-like experience right in the comfort of your home. And the best part is that CBD isn’t psychoactive in nature which makes it an even more attractive product. So, you can quickly reduce stress, euphoria, and joint pain without worrying about euphoria.
In fact, CBD present in bath bombs reaches the bloodstream faster than any other topical product. So, if you want to accentuate your skincare routine, CBD bath bombs must be one of your bath time rituals. So, are you ready?